Transform employee experience using IT chat bot on workplace
Managing IT support for 20,000+ employees is a herculean task. It is equally tiresome for employees to raise tickets and follow up with the concerned teams. LTI deployed a Workplace chatbot, iAssist, to assist employees in resolving their IT infrastructure related issues.
Key features of their IT chat bot are:
- Relevant Classification of Issue: The AI powered bot automatically classifies an issue into a relevant category based on the issue description. Employees do not have to go through scores of categories to identify the relevant one, thus making ticket creation effortless and faster.
- Status of Open Tickets: The bot is integrated with LTI’s backend systems to provide live updates on ticket status. Employees also get to see who the ticket has been assigned to in addition to the current status.
- Software Installation: The bot can automatically install and uninstall software without manual intervention. This option is available for all free softwares that do not need superior approval.
- Better user experience for employees
- 35% of L1 workload is now being handled by the bot
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Identify and prioritise the workflow(s) you want to automate using Workplace Chat bots, e.g., leave application through chat bot
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party, create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch [Technical documentation on bots here]
- Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of bots and share how to interact with them
About LTI (L&T Infotech)
LTI is a USD 970 million (2017), global top 20 IT services company with operations in 27 countries. It has 20,000+ employees helping more than 250 clients improve the effectiveness of their business and technology operations. It’s part of the USD 17 billion (2017) Larsen and Toubro group, one of the largest and most respected groups in India’s private sector.
More about the company here.
Credits: Thanks to Pooja Anurag and Sravana Reddy K from LTI for sharing this story.