Transform employee experience using HR chat bot on workplace
To deliver more humanised employee experience and improve the efficiency of support functions, LTI deployed homegrown service bots that offer HR services, Admin services, and IT services to employees through Workplace Chat platform.
By integrating the bots with their back-end systems, LTI generates contextual triggers based on employees’ life events. Additionally, by integrating with their partner systems, these triggers show employees relevant offers from their partners (e.g., travel and hospitality) which enriches the employee experience.
Key features of their HR chat bot are:
- Query Resolution: Employee Assistance Bot answers all queries related to India HR policies, thus reducing the manual bandwidth required to answer repeat, basic queries.
- Leave Related Services: The bot is integrated with LTI’s HR systems enabling employees to apply for leave via chat. In addition to showing leave balance and leave history, the bot can also suggest upcoming holidays to employees.
- Contextual Offers: The bot recommends relevant offers to employees based on their life events. For example, if an employee is going out of town for a vacation, the bot shares flight discount offer from one of the partners.
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Identify and prioritise the workflow(s) you want to automate using Workplace Chat bots, e.g., leave application through chat bot
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party, create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch [Technical documentation on bots here]
- Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of bots and share how to interact with them
About LTI (L&T Infotech)
LTI is a USD 970 million (2017), global top 20 IT services company with operations in 27 countries. It has 20,000+ employees helping more than 250 clients improve the effectiveness of their business and technology operations. It’s part of the USD 17 billion (2017) Larsen and Toubro group, one of the largest and most respected groups in India’s private sector.
More about the company here.
Credits: Thanks to Pooja Anurag and Sravana Reddy K from LTI for sharing this story.