Transform employee experience using chat bots for support
Every competitive, agile, and lean organisation continuously strives for increased workforce efficiency, cost reduction and an enhanced employee experience. Widespread adoption of mobile technologies by an increasing distributed and diverse workforce, which includes millennial workers, compels the need of “Conversational revolution” in handling day to day activities.
With the aim of offering faster and quality support at a lower cost, UST Global deployed a chatbot “Dia” on workplace, for handling all support requirements.
Key features of the chatbot are:
- Issue creation and categorisation: Based on the inputs provided by the employee, Dia automatically categorises the issue under appropriate buckets and raises the support ticket on user’s behalf.
- Issue status tracking: Chatbot provides the real time status of the logged ticket
- Query resolution: Queries which earlier required human intervention are now resolved using the chat bot by providing user specific responses and guides.
Benefits of chatbot solution:
- Reduced support cost: Chatbot free up agent’s time by owning the repetitive tasks
- 24*7 availability: Chatbots provides a cheaper 24*7 availability of services
- Improved user experience: Chatbots can streamline services, and deliver enhanced user experiences
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps
- Design the process workflows to be automated
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party to integrate backend systems and data repositories with your Workplace (Technical documentation here)
- Create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch. Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of this bot and a simple how-to video showing how to interact with it
About UST Global
UST Global is a multinational provider of Digital, IT services and solutions, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, United States. They have 18000 employees solving significant, next-generation, technology problems for Fortune 500 companies all over the world. UST has been using Workplace for various corporate communications, resource management, discussions, learning programs, operations activities, employee query resolution, and several other processes in addition to content management.
More about the company here.