Share company’s media coverage with everyone
Ginger Hotels needed a way to share the positive media coverage of the hotel with all employees and motivate them by creating excitement around it. Emails to share such stories did not get many eyeballs and failed to generate positive sentiments.
Their Internal Communications team created an open group called ‘Ginger in the News’ and started sharing images/videos of such mentions in this group.
The group became very popular with the employees and all posts are routinely seen by more than a third of the employees who give feedback and share excitement in the form of comments and reactions. This improves internal visibility of such coverage and enables an important two way dialogue.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Helped build a pool of internal brand ambassadors who will readily share the organisation’s plans and direction
- Increased employee engagement as staff feel valued and involved
- Improved feedback and idea generation as employees are able to provide their own perspectives to the featured articles
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Create an ‘Open’, ‘Default’, ‘Announcements’ type group called, say, ‘Company in the news’. Restrict posting permission to only admins to control noise and make relevant internal communications team members as admins. [Resources here]
- Share external mentions of the company in this group in rich media format.
- Encourage feedback and two way dialogue by asking employees to share their opinion in comments and by responding to these comments appropriately.
About Ginger Hotels
Ginger is an Indian hotel chain which operates more than 35 properties in India under a category called “Smart Basics Hotels”. It was established by Roots Corporation Limited, which is a subsidiary of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, which is part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates.
As on Dec 2017, Ginger had 100% of its ~900 employees on Workplace, 85% of whom were monthly active on the platform. An internal study of Workplace impact at Ginger Hotels had the team reporting a 28% efficiency improvement, 51% productivity improvement, and 25% attrition reduction at the end of one year leading to a first year ROI of 7.4x (assuming 20% realisation of potential benefits).
More about the company here.