Report facilities repair needs across campus
Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)’s 45 clinical and allied health departments, 16 specialist centres and three institutes are spread across a sprawling campus. At the same time, the hospital operates 24 hours so it is critical to ensure that facilities and equipment are in working condition.
Before Workplace, staff had to refer to a list of numbers to contact the right persons for services ranging from Housekeeping to Portering to Transport. Now, staff do not have to rely solely on calling time-consuming hotlines or emailing helpdesks anymore. They can snap photos of leaky air conditioners or stained hallways, upload it to the relevant group, and someone would head over right away.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Reduced time to resolution for reported facility and equipment malfunctions
- Increased recognition for critical staff who work behind-the-scenes, building a culture of appreciation
- Increased visibility of focus areas for facilities management as a result of employee feedback
Do it in your organization in three easy steps:
- Create an open group with an intuitive name e.g. “FixIt” or “Facilities Helpdesk”
- Put a pinned post with simple instructions on how to report a case e.g. “Location-Building-Level-Type of Issue + Description”
- Include a picture or video in the post so that Facilities has clarity on the issue
About Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)
TTSH is one of Singapore’s largest multi-disciplinary hospitals with 45 clinical and allied health departments, 16 specialist centres. It has over 8,000 healthcare staff and has three institutes that are spearheading care, research and innovations in geriatric medicine, infectious diseases and ophthalmology.
For Tan Tock Seng Hospital in Singapore, internal communications becomes more complex when taking into account that 10% of the workforce is based outside of the hospital, in patients’ homes or elsewhere. It may take multiple roll calls to get a single message out to all 3,600 nurses, inside and outside of the hospital and on different shifts.
It is the first hospital in the world to use Workplace and now has over 75% of its workforce on the platform, with over 100 active groups and 300 posts in a week (as of Dec 2017).