Manage human resources effectively using bots
Identification and allocation of right resources without delay is important to ensure the best customer service. UST Global deployed a Workplace chatbot ‘Dia’ to assist managers identify the right internal resources just by providing natural language inputs.
Dia Chatbot also provided an avenue for employees to assess and apply for other positions within UST Global that match their capability and competency.
Key features of ‘Dia’ Chat Bot:
- Hiring manager assistance: Most hiring managers need people allocated to their projects on urgent basis and this leads to unwanted pressure on the Resource Management team. Moreover, a lot of to and fro happens on suitability of specific employees to open positions. Dia chat bot, which is integrated with UST Global backend systems, allows managers to themselves search through the available employee pool and identify the right resource within a few minutes. They can then reach out to the resource management team with requests for specific available employees. This improves the effectiveness of the resource management process significantly. The AI powered bot takes into consideration several parameters, e.g., employee skill, role, allocation, experience, location, publications, etc.
- Opportunity search by employees: Earlier, employees had to contact the ‘Resource Management Group’(RMG) to know about any suitable openings within the organisation. Sometimes, it led to missed opportunities for both sides. However, now employees can use ‘Dia’ to search and apply for open internal jobs. The search is optimised as the chat bot matches its recommendations with the searching employee’s skills.
- Increase transparency across organisation
- Improved resource utilisation due to fewer missed opportunities
- Considerably reduced internal resource search lead time
- 24 X 7 availability
- User specific output
- Amazing user experience
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps
- Design the process workflows to be automated
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party to integrate backend systems and data repositories with your Workplace (Technical documentation here)
- Create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch. Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of this bot and a simple how-to video showing how to interact with it
About UST Global
UST Global is a multinational provider of Digital, IT services and solutions, headquartered in Aliso Viejo, California, United States. They have 18000 employees solving significant, next-generation, technology problems for Fortune 500 companies all over the world. UST has been using Workplace for various corporate communications, resource management, discussions, learning programs, operations activities, employee query resolution, and several other processes in addition to content management.
More about the company here.