Improve participation in learning & development programmes
Ginger Hotels’s L&D team wanted to create visibility around the various learning programs they offered, improve participation rate, and get feedback on the quality of the program.
They created an internal open group called ‘Learnings @ Ginger’. The team uses it to improve employee participation rate in trainings by:
- Posting information about new trainings
- Gamifying participation by sharing information about who have already completed the training and by sharing certificates of completion publically
- Building excitement by sharing pictures and videos from actual training sessions
Employees share their feedback about the training through comments on such posts. Developmental feedback allows the L&D team to make improvements while positive feedback encourages others to enrol.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Increased visibility of the organisation’s learning and development investment areas, and how employees can leverage them for professional development
- Improved participation rates in learning and development programmes
- Increased engagement and feedback from learning and development programmes
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Create an ‘Open’, ‘Default’, ‘Announcements’ type group called say ‘Learning @ Company_name’. Restrict posting permission to admins only and make relevant L&D team members admins [Resources here].
- Post information about available training programs and pictures from actual trainings
- Gamify participation as explained above
About Ginger Hotels
Ginger is an Indian hotel chain which operates more than 35 properties in India under a category called “Smart Basics Hotels”. It was established by Roots Corporation Limited, which is a subsidiary of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, which is part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates.
As on Dec 2017, Ginger had 100% of its ~900 employees on Workplace, 85% of whom were monthly active on the platform. An internal study of Workplace impact at Ginger Hotels had the team reporting a 28% efficiency improvement, 51% productivity improvement, and 25% attrition reduction at the end of one year leading to a first year ROI of 7.4x (assuming 20% realisation of potential benefits).
More about the company here.