Enable social rewards and recognition program using a Workplace chat bot
MercadoLibre, the Argentine technology company in e-commerce space, is recognised as one of the best places to work in Latin America and Workplace was part of the strategy to get them at this recognition.
The company’s culture promotes entrepreneurship at all levels, facilitating decision making, taking risks, and capturing opportunities. To promote their culture, they created a recognition program called ”DNA MELI” that allows people to appreciate their colleagues in their community for acting in line with the company’s culture and mission.
They integrated their social rewards and recognition initiative “DNA MELI” with Workplace by creating a bot . Their employees can now give top-down and peer-to-peer recognition publicly using this chat bot.
- Increased employee motivation levels across the organisation
- Transparency and visibility into the recognition and rewards process
- People empowered to recognise the ones they consider having positive impact to their daily business
Do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party.
- Create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch [Technical documentation on bots here]
- Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of this bot and a simple how-to video showing how to interact with it.
About the company:
MercadoLibre is an Argentine technology company that offers e-commerce solutions so that people and companies can buy, sell, pay, advertise, and send products through the internet. It operates in 19 countries, has about 6000 employees and is the most popular e-commerce site in Latin America.
More about the company here.