Disseminate business-critical information
During the Ransomware attacks of mid-2017 that impacted the computer systems of many organisations, the IT team at Ginger Hotels used Workplace to quickly and widely share important information about the threat and ways to protect from it.
The high adoption of the platform and its availability on everyone’s mobile phones meant Workplace proved to be the most efficient platform for this purpose. Due to fast action by the IT team, Ginger Hotel saved itself from Ransomware attack.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Quick dissemination of business-critical information as Workplace and Work Chat are mobile-first solutions
- Easy channel to obtain feedback regarding company-wide updates with the use of comments in the relevant posts
- More effective communication of important updates through the use of rich content such as videos and pictures
How to do it in your organisation in three easy steps:
- Create an ‘Open’, ‘Default’, and ‘Announcement’ type ‘IT announcements’ group which has everyone in it. Keep the posting permissions to ‘Admins only’ and make the required IT team members as admins [Resources here].
- Make a pinned post in it about the purpose of this group
- Share important updates and resources in this group from time to time
About Ginger Hotels
Ginger is an Indian hotel chain which operates more than 35 properties in India under a category called “Smart Basics Hotels”. It was established by Roots Corporation Limited, which is a subsidiary of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, which is part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates.
As on Dec 2017, Ginger had 100% of its ~900 employees on Workplace, 85% of whom were monthly active on the platform. An internal study of Workplace impact at Ginger Hotels had the team reporting a 28% efficiency improvement, 51% productivity improvement, and 25% attrition reduction at the end of one year leading to a first year ROI of 7.4x (assuming 20% realisation of potential benefits).
More about the company here.