Demystify office jargon using Acronym Bot
Every company has its own jargon and acronyms. Understanding it is often one of the most challenging things for not just new employees but also for older ones moving into new roles.
Kwench wanted their communication to be clear for them to run effectively. They built an Acronym Bot to demystify their organisation-specific jargons and acronyms. It’s a user-friendly knowledge management tool for Workplace where their employees can add new acronyms as well as get assistance in understanding existing ones.
The key features of the Acronym Bot include
- Search: Search for existing acronyms in group post or Workplace chat window.
- Add, Modify, Delete: Add new acronyms instantly. Approve additions by Workplace users.
- Bulk Upload: Admins can upload multiple acronyms at once using standard format in Microsoft Excel.
- Analytics: Admins can view weekly trend of acronyms added, matched and not found in addition to most popular acronyms and top users.
The Acronym Bot has helped new employees understand company speak and fit into the culture seamlessly. It has also increased levels of cross-functional communication and collaboration with greater ease.
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps
- Visit https://bots.kwench.com to sign up
- Create an exciting communication plan to announce the launch of this bot and a simple how-to video showing employees how to interact with it
- Set up a weekly review cadence for the first six weeks (and monthly thereafter) to assess the performance and decide next steps to realise more value out of it
Kwench is one of the product partners of Workplace. As on Feb 2018, they’re serving 100+ clients in 21+ countries with 200+ bot installations addressing simple to complex use cases like peer-to-peer recognition, award nominations and redemptions, ticketing systems, idea life cycle management, engagement surveys, learning and development etc.
Kwench is an ISO27001 certified, SOC2 and EUGDPR ready employee engagement platform provider serving 1000+ companies, million employees in 60+ countries since 2008 through its social, mobile, gamification, and analytics driven platforms that address various dimensions of employee engagement including learning, recognition and rewards, wellness, collaboration and communication.
More about the company here.