Conduct live CEO town halls using Workplace
Organising a Townhall for all staff in a hospital is almost impossible. Firstly, healthcare workers have to attend to patients 24/7. Secondly, they work in shifts so it’s unlikely that everyone can take time off to attend a Townhall together. Thirdly, there is an issue of infrastructure capacity and it’s unlikely that the hospital will have an auditorium that can fit everyone in the hospital.
In the case of Institute of Mental Health (IMH), the quarterly town halls can only be attended by a maximum of 200 as limited by the size of its auditorium. This means that the remaining 1800 staff might miss out on important updates and will not get to hear the actual message from its CEO.
Now on Workplace, IMH can use Workplace to live-stream the town hall so that everyone has a chance to hear the actual live message even though they are unable to be accommodated in the auditorium. For those who are doing their shifts, the video will be saved in a group and they can watch the recorded version, and also participate by commenting on the post.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Increased leadership engagement through the use of Workplace live video. Hospital staff on duty during the live session can watch the recorded version.
- Reduced distance between leaders and employees, as employees can hear directly from CEO and leadership team
- Repository of all CEO / leadership team’s insights, which can be shared for future employees
Do it in your organisation in 3 easy steps:
- Test live video at the same physical location in a Secret Group. Go here for more information on Workplace live.
- Create an event in a company-wide group for the live Townhall one week prior
- Go live in the same company-wide group
- [Bonus] Include a live Q&A section by running a poll one week prior
“I feel that Workplace has brought everybody closer. Our staff really like it that they have a place to share with everybody”. Frank Ong, director of HR and L&D, IMH
IMH is a 2,000-bed acute tertiary psychiatric hospital situated on a 25-hectare campus at Buangkok Green Medical Park in Singapore. It offers a comprehensive range of psychiatric, rehabilitative and counselling services for children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly.
IMH integrates evidence-based therapies and is supported by the departments of clinical psychology, nursing, occupational therapy, and medical social work, to provide holistic care for its patients. IMH has 50 wards for inpatients and seven Specialist Outpatient Clinics.
90% of IMH staff claimed their accounts within the first two months of implementation. 70% of them are active on a weekly basis, and there was a proliferation of approximately 200 groups. (as of June 2017)