Celebrate employee achievements and career milestones
Employees and managers at Ginger Hotels use Workplace to share stories of their colleagues’ impact at work. Teams also use Workplace to celebrate important milestones, e.g., work anniversaries, birthdays, and farewells. This provides a broader platform for appreciating employees and builds a highly motivated organisation.
Benefits / Impact of Workplace
- Increased recognition and appreciation for employees on an easy-to-use platform
- Real-time communication of employee milestones with the use of rich content such as videos and pictures
- Increased employee engagement with peers participating through engagement and comments on Workplace posts
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Create team level ‘Closed’, ‘Teams & Projects’ type groups for every team and add all the relevant team members. Restrict membership only through admin approval. Allow posting permissions to everyone [Resources here].
- Start sharing posts about achievements and milestones of your team members on this group.
- Congratulate and motivate your team members by commenting and reacting on such posts. As a manager, re-post important stories in larger groups for more visibility and higher motivation.
About Ginger Hotels
Ginger is an Indian hotel chain which operates more than 35 properties in India under a category called “Smart Basics Hotels”. It was established by Roots Corporation Limited, which is a subsidiary of The Indian Hotels Company Limited, which is part of the Tata Group, one of India’s largest conglomerates.
As on Dec 2017, Ginger had 100% of its ~900 employees on Workplace, 85% of whom were monthly active on the platform. An internal study of Workplace impact at Ginger Hotels had the team reporting a 28% efficiency improvement, 51% productivity improvement, and 25% attrition reduction at the end of one year leading to a first year ROI of 7.4x (assuming 20% realisation of potential benefits).
More about the company here.