Book meeting rooms and other shared resources with Booking Bot
Like most large corporations, RHB Singapore operates from a few office locations with multiple meeting rooms. Reserving meeting rooms was a time consuming task for both employees and the administrative personnel as the process was a manual one. Employees would call or email the administrative personnel to book meeting rooms and company cars. The person-in-charge would then check for availability, and update booking slots on a spreadsheet. Sometimes errors in bookings occur due to miscommunication in requirements.
When Booking Bot was introduced, the booking process became quicker and more streamlined. The Booking Bot, developed by Workplace partner, Formative, allows RHB Singapore employees to make room and car bookings seamlessly via Booking Bot on Work Chat. The Bot is able to manage location, date and time for room bookings, and specify pick-up location, date and time for car bookings.
The key features of the Booking Bot include:
- Book multiple shared resources: Search and book shared resources by specifying location, type of resource, date and time.
- View and manage bookings: Manage bookings on Booking Bot across multiple locations and time zones. The booking system is automatically updated when there is a change or cancellation.
- Sends reminders: Booking bot sends reminders to the host (person who made the booking) on Work Chat before the booking time. Administrative personnel can configure the duration and frequency of these reminders. (E.g. A reminder is sent an hour before a meeting to confirm a meeting room booking. If the meeting is cancelled, Booking Bot will release the room immediately)
- Real-time reporting: Access bookings via an online dashboard. Administrative personnel can view booking information, modify or cancel bookings directly from the dashboard.
The Booking Bot has increased productivity across the organisation, and provided RHB with both quantitative and qualitative return on investment (ROI).
- Improved utilisation of shared resources
- Better user experience for employees
- Manual process is now being handled by the bot so employees can focus on other important tasks
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps:
- Identify and prioritise the workflow(s) to automate using Workplace bots, and determine if the bots will be a standalone or integrated with existing infrastructure e.g. Booking Bot can be integrated with Outlook to enable seamless room and calendar scheduling.
- Align technical resources (who have experience in working with APIs) either in-house or from a third party like formativeai.com, create a time bound launch plan, and program manage it to launch [Technical documentation on bots here]
- Create a comprehensive communication plan to announce the launch of the bots and share user guides on how to interact with them.
About RHB Singapore:
RHB Singapore is part of the RHB Banking Group, a fully integrated financial services group in Malaysia, with over 15,000 employees across nine countries including Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Hong Kong (with a representative office in China), Vietnam and Lao PDR.
More about the company here.