Allow teachers to share their achievements at the state level
Tamil Nadu state government in India employs ~290k teachers who are spread across schools in various districts and towns in the state. Collaboration among so many teachers spread so widely was a problem the department wanted to solve.
These teachers have meaningful achievements and impact through their daily work but previously there was no platform for them to share these stories broadly at the state level with ~290k teachers. Now with Workplace, the teachers are able to share their achievements and impact stories in rich multi-media format in their district or state level groups. Their colleagues from other schools and the leadership can like, react and congratulate them in comments.
- Increased motivation with wider recognition and appreciation from colleagues/leadership
- Enhanced visibility into the achievements and impact stories from various schools which helps identify potential leadership pipeline
- Learning from each other’s work and achievements
How to do it in your organisation in three simple steps
- Create a state or a district level group. Keep the group ‘Open’ privacy type for other interested people to see the contents, allow any member to add more members for enhanced visibility and allow all members to post. Have a relevant cover picture for this group and make a pinned post that conveys the objective of this group
- Encourage initial champions to share their success stories with pictures, videos and text
- Work with the relevant leadership to get them into the habit of scrolling through this group and reacting/commenting on some posts to motivate the teachers
About the organisation
Tamil Nadu is the 2nd largest state economy in India with a GDP of USD 220 billion (larger than the likes of New Zealand, Greece and Venezuela as on Nov’18). Their public school education department employs ~290k teachers who are spread across various districts and towns in the state.
More about the organisation here.